Mayra Dias Wins Miss Brasil BE Emotion 2018
Mayra Dias from Amazonas was crowned as Miss Universe Brazil 2018 in the grand finale of Miss Brasil Be Emotion 2018, which took place on May 26, 2018 in Riocentro, RJ. She succeeds Monalysa Alcântara, who was a Top 10 finalist at Miss Universe 2017, and will now represent Brazil at Miss Universe 2018, hoping to succeed Demi Leigh Nel Peters of South Africa as the next Miss Universe.
Since the inception of Miss Brasil pageant, this is the second time that Amazonas has won the Miss Brasil crown. During the same event, Miss Bahia, Maria Isabel Santos was titled as the first runner up and Miss Ceara, Teresa Santos finished as the second runner up.
Being a pageant veteran, the newly crowned Miss Brazil 2018, Mayra Dias has already won the second runner up title at Reina Hispanoamericana 2016 and was also one of the finalists at Miss Mundo Brazil 2015.
Brazil has won Miss Universe crown twice in the year 1963 and 1968 under the representation of Iêda Maria Vargas and Martha Vasconcellos respectively.
Miss Brasil 2018: Miss Amazonas, Mayra Dias
First runner-up: MissBahia, Maria Isabel
Second runner-up: Miss Ceara, Teresa Santos
Top 5 Finalists:
- Miss Alagoas – Isabella Burgui
- Miss Santa Catarina – Débora Silva
Top 10 Finalists:
- Miss Goiás – Giovanna Veríssimo
- Miss Pernambuco – Eslovênia Marques
- Miss Piauí – Naiely
- Miss Rio Grande do Norte – Monique Rêgo
- Miss São Paulo – Paula Palhares
Top 15 Semi-Finalists:
- Miss Distrito Federal – Bia Rodrigues
- Miss Espírito Santo – Sabrina Stock
- Miss Minas Gerais – Elís Miele
- Miss Paraíba – Ana Carla Medeiros
- Miss Rio Grande do Sul – Leonora Weimer