Road To Miss South Africa 2018
The 60th edition of Miss South Africa pageant is slated to take place on May 27, 2018 in City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality, South Africa. During the conclusion of the pageant, Demi Leigh Nel Peters will crown her successor as the new Miss South Africa, who will then represent South Africa at Miss Universe 2018 wherein Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters of South Africa will crown her successor as next Miss Universe.
At the same event, the outgoing Miss World South Africa, Adè van Heerden will crown her successor as the new Miss World South Africa, who will then represent the country at Miss World 2018 wherein Manushi Chhillar of India will crown her successor as next Miss World.
Usually the winner of Miss South Africa pageant represents the nation at both Miss World and Miss Universe pageant if the dates of the pageants do not clash, in case of the dates clashing with each other the first runner up is sent at one pageant. South Africa has won three Miss World crowns in the courtesy of Penelope Anne Coelen (Miss World 1958), Anneline Kriel (Miss World 1974) and Rolene Strauss (Miss World 2014). Meanwhile the country holds the record of winning Miss Universe pageant twice in the courtesy of Margaret Gardiner (Miss Universe 1978) and Demi Leigh Nel Peters (Miss Universe 2017).
Meet the contestants hoping to fill in the big shoes of reigning Miss Universe, Demi Leigh Nel Peters as South Africa’s next representative at Miss Universe 2018.
- Karishma Ramdev (23), from Chatsworth in KZN, is a fifth-year medical student at
the University of Pretoria
- Akile Khoza (23) from Bushbuckridge, Mpumalanga who is studying for her Masters
in neuroscience at Stellenbosch University.
- Anzelle van Staden (24), from Centurion in Gauteng, has a BComm degree from the
Univeristy of Pretoria and is currently a full-time model
- Bryoni Govender (21), from Kempton Park in Gauteng, is a third year LLB student at
the University of Johannesburg.
- Daniellë de Jager (20) from Benoni, Gauteng, is currently studying biokinetics at the
Nelson Mandela University in Port Elizabeth.
- Margo Fargo (25), originally from Heidedal in the Free State, has a BSc consumer
sciences honours degree and is a co-founder of a NPO.
- Noxolo Ndebele (24), from Pinetown in KZN, has a BComm Acc degree and currently works as a financial controller.
- Tamarin Bensch (25), originally from Bedfordview in Gauteng but now living in
Somerset West, who works in property management and interior renovations.
- Tamaryn Green (23), from Paarl in the Western Cape, is in her final year of medicine at the University of Cape Town.
- Thandokazi Mfundisi (23), from East London in the Eastern Cape, is a final year LLB
student at Fort Hare.
- Tharina Botes (21), from Roodepoort in Gauteng, is a first year BComm marketing
and business degree student at Damelin and a part-time model.
- Thulisa Keyi (26), originally from East London in the Eastern Cape and who now lives in Gauteng, is currently doing articles at KPMG after graduating from the University of Cape Town.
Picture Credits: Instagram Handle Of Contestants