Nigeria Wins Top Model Round at Miss World 2017
In an exciting event held in Sanya, China, Ugochi Ihezue from Nigeria emerged as the dark horse of the competition, thereby winning the much talked about Top Model Fastrack Event at Miss World 2017. By winning this segment of the competition, Nigeria gets an automatic entry to the finals of Top 40 at Miss World 2017.
At the same event, Patlada Kulphakthanapat from Thailand was adjudged as the first runner up, Tea Mlinarić from Croatia was titled as second runner up and Guan Siyu from People’s Republic of China finished as the third runner up. None of the front runners made it to the Top 5 of Top Model Round, which left a sense of shock among pageant fans. Although it is Miss World competition hence it is difficult to predict who will foray on the finale gala.
Indonesia was awarded with the title of Best Designer Dress at same event.
Other semi-finalists of Top Model Round were:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina – Aida Karamehmedović
- Brazil – Gabrielle Vilela
- Colombia – Maria Daza
- Cote d’Ivoire – Mandjalia Gbané
- Dominican Republic – Aletxa Mueses
- El Salvador – Fatima Cuellar
- France – Aurore Kichenin
- Guadeloupe Guadeloupe – Audrey Berville
- Guinea – Asmaou Diallo
- Honduras – Celia Monterrosa
- India – Manushi Chhillar
- Indonesia – Achintya Holte Nilsen
- Israel – Rotem Rabi
- Kenya – Magline Jeruto
- South Korea – Ha-eun Kim
- Mexico – Andrea Meza
- Mongolia – Enkhjin Tseveendash
- Montenegro – Tea Babić
- Nepal – Nikita Chandak
- Panama – Julianne Brittón
- Poland – Magdalena Bieńkowska
- Russia – Polina Popova
- Slovenia – Maja Zupan
- Spain – Elisa Tulian
- Ukraine – Polina Tkach
- Venezuela – Ana Carolina Ugarte
The 67th edition of the Miss World pageant is slated to take place on November 18, 2017 at the Crown of Beauty Theatre, Sanya, China PR. During the conclusion of the pageant, Stephanie Del Valle of Puerto Rico will crown her successor as the new Miss World.