Alanna Smith To Represent Cook Islands at Miss World 2017
Alanna Smith was crowned as Miss Cook Islands 2017 on July 31, 2017. She succeeds Natalia Short as Miss World Cook Islands and will now represent Cook Islands at Miss World 2017, which is scheduled to be held on November 18, 2017 in China.
During the same event, Mona Taio was crowned as the first runner up. Mona Taio will represent the nation at Miss Earth 2017, which is scheduled to be held on November 4, 2017 in Philippines. Silas Tuaputa was adjudged as the second runner up and will now compete at Miss International 2017 to be held on November 14, 2017 in Japan.
During the grand finale of the pageant, few special awards were also given to the contestants:
- Social Media People’s Choice – Alanna Smith
- Miss Congeniality Contestants Choice – Teivanui Maui
- Miss Photogenic – Georgia Short
- Best in Swimwear – Alanna Smith
- Pareu Wear – Alanna Smith
- Miss Talent – Mona Taio
- Rakei Wearable Arts – Silas Tuaputa
- Pageant Interview – Alanna Smith
- Te Reo Korero – Silas Tuaputa
- Muumuu Gown – Heleina Strickland
- Traditional Wear – Alanna Smith
Cook Islands has never won a Miss World crown and is hoping to win its very first title with Alanna Smith at Miss World 2017. Do you think Alanna Smith could be the next Miss World? Do share your opinions in the comment section below.