Miss Universe 2016: Terno Fashion Show Through Photos
Miss Universe 2016 is on with all fun, glitz and glamour in Manila, Philippines, and the most awaited pageant of the year finally kicked off with the Terno Fashion Show in Manila last evening.
Among 80 countries contending for the title of Miss Universe 2016, only twenty delegates were selected to grace the runway in shimmering ternos. Joining the host delegate, Maxine Medina from Philippines were none other than-
- Belgium- Stephanie Geldof
- Brazil- Raissa Santana
- British Virgin Islands- Erika Creque
- Bulgaria- Violina Ancheva
- Cayman Islands- Monyque Brooks
- Czech Republic- Andrea Beldekova
- Great Britain- Jaime-Lee Faulkner
- Guatemala- Virginia Alejandro Argueta
- Malaysia- Kiran Jassal
- Netherlands- Zoey Ivory
- Nicaragua- Marina Jacoby Santos
- Sierra Leone- Hawa Kamara
- Singapore- Cheryl Chou Zhi Hiu
- Slovak Republic- Zuzana Kollarova
- Thailand- Chalita Suansane
- USA- Deshauna Barber
- Uruguay- Magdalena Cohendet
- Venezuela- Mariam Habach
- Vietnam- Dang Thi Le Hang
The delegates vying for the title of Miss Universe attended a press conference held at Baluarte, where they also had the opportunity to watch an animal show. This was followed by a program at Calle Crisologo in the evening which lead to the fashion show, where the candidates wore ternos by Filipino designers from Manila and Ilocos.
Have a look at the pictures from fashion show-
Miss Universe 2016 will be the 65th edition of Miss Universe pageant. Miss Universe 2016 is slated to take place on January 30, 2016 in Manila, Philippines. This year more than 80 countries will compete for the title of Miss Universe 2016, hoping to be crowned by Pia Wurtzbach from Philippines as next Miss Universe.
Meanwhile, do not forget to vote for your favorite contestant in this link below. The voting lines closes one day prior to the pageant, until then keep voting!
Picture Credits: Rappler