Miss World 2016: Beauty With a Purpose Evaluation Begins!
The 66th edition of the Miss World pageant is slated to take place on 18th December 2016 at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland, United States, Washington, D.C. During the conclusion of the pageant, Mireia Lalaguna Royo of Spain will pass on her crown to her successor.
As the finale of Miss World 2016 is only a week far, the most important segment of the pageant, which is “Beauty with a Purpose” has kicked off on the verge of evaluation. Tonight the Miss World Organization selected few videos of ‘Beauty with a Purpose’ to be viewed by the contestants and the jury panel.
The “Beauty with a Purpose” Viewing gala began with the CEO of Miss World Organization, Julia Morley’s speech about the vitality of ‘Beauty with a Purpose’. Former Miss World contestant, Deborah Lambie, Miss World New Zealand 2015, was the special guest of the evening as she has helped over 70,000 students with free education tutorial videos made available online, a courtesy of her last year’s “Beauty with a Purpose” project.
The selected countries for the “Beauty with a Purpose” viewing are as follows in no particular order-
- Australia – Helping Indigenous Children
- Belgium – Assisting Children in Cambodia
- Hungary – Equestrian Therapy
- Chile – Teaching Blind Children Music
- China – Assisting a variety of care centers (Children with brain damage, building houses for children, helping the elderly)
- Colombia – Sponsoring Victims of Violence & Displacement
- Cote D’Ivoire – Helping victims of Buruli Ulcer Skin Disease
- Dominican Republic – Talent Program for Youth
- Fiji – Project Qelekuro- Assiting Victims of Cyclone Winston
- Guadeloupe – Helping the elderly
- Indonesia – Dreams Beyond the Dumpsite- Helping the scavengers of dumpsites
- Ireland – Alzheimer’s Society of Ireland
- Mongolia- Brothers-Sisters Mentorship Program
- Nepal – Classroom & Beyond- Providing classrooms for children
- Nigeria – Helping Education Centers
- Panama – A Chance to Change- Helping women in correctional facilities
- Philippines – Paradiso Project- Creating a School for children in garbage sites
- Rwanda – Targeting a variety of problems in Rwanda (Visiting Veteran Centers, Malnutrition Awareness, Drug Abuse, Domestic Tourism, Child Education)
- Sierra Leone – Helping orphans of the Ebola Virus
- Sri Lanka – Helping a School for children of Mental and Physical Disabilities & Red Cross Ambassador
- Tanzania – Female Genital Mutilation and Gender Discrimination
- Thailand – Working against Deforestation
- United States – Habitat for Humanity
- Venezuela – Improvement and Reconstruction of a school
Who do you think will walk home with the most significant title of Miss World pageant, “Beauty with a Purpose”? As the winner gets 50% of marks in the final leaderboard of Miss World grand finale, hence this segment proves to be crucially decisive one. Share your bets for the segment in the comment section below.
Who do you think will be crowned as next Miss World? Meanwhile, do not forget to vote for your favourite Miss World contestant to make them win the People’s Poll.