Philippines Wins Miss Asia 2016
Trixia Marie Marana from Philippines was crowned as Miss Asia 2016 on August 19, 2016 in the coronation gala held in Kochi, India. Trixia Marie Marana succeeds Kanika Kapur from India as Miss Asia. This was the second edition of the Miss Asia pageant.
During the grand finale of Miss Asia 2016, Yauheniya Vasilyeva from Belarus was titled as the first runner up and Ankita Kharat from India was adjudged as the second runner up.
Many special awards were also allocated to the candidates on the coronation eve, amongst whom were:
- Best National Costume – Malaysia- Cheryl Joanne Chan Fan Nyuk
- Miss Congeniality- Bhutan- Kuenga Lhaden
- Miss Perfect Ten- Sri Lanka – C.L Shantha
- Miss Beautiful Face – Iran- Nilofar Taherifard
- Miss Beautiful Smile- Moldova – Valeria Tsvietok
- Miss Beautiful Hair- Uzbekistan– Shirin Rasulova
- Miss Viewer’s Choice – Bhutan- Kuenga Lhaden
- Miss Catwalk- Kazakhstan- Dedova Yuluya
- Miss Beautiful Eyes- Azerbaijan– Leyla Novruzova
- Miss Talent – Philippines – Trixia Marie Marana
- Miss Beautiful Skin – Ukraine– Tetiana Shymukova
- Miss Photogenic- Belarus – Yauheniya Vasilyeva
- Miss Personality- India- Ankita Kharat
This year seventeen countries vied for the crown of Miss Asia 2016. The Kaleidoscope of Pageantry extends heartiest congratulations to Philippines on this victory!
Picture Credits: Miss Asia Facebook