Rachel Wyatt Crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
Rachel Wyatt, Miss Clemson was crowned Miss South Carolina 2016 on June 25, 2016. Rachel Wyatt succeeds Daja Dial and will now compete in the coming edition of Miss America 2017, hoping to be crowned as next Miss America by the reigning beauty queen, Betty Cantrell from Georgia.
Rachel has won Miss South Carolina Teen in 2012 and has also went on to win Miss America’s Outstanding Teen, the “little sister” pageant to Miss America.
At the same event, Suzi Roberts, Miss Coastal Islands, was titled as the first runner-up, Miss North Greenville University Christal Potter was adjudged as the second runner-up, Anna Mills Polatty, Miss Spartanburg, was third runner-up and Sydney Ford, Miss Columbia, was fourth runner-up.
With victories in both 1956 and 1994, South Carolina has twice won the Miss America crown through Marian McKnight and Kristie Greene respectively.
Top 10 Semi-Finalists-
- Miss Coastal Carolina University, Shelby Dangerfield
- Miss Hilton Head Island, Anna Brown
- Miss Lyman, Ariel Blackwood
- Miss SC Sweet Potato Festival, Chelsea Bullock
- Miss Charleston Southern University, Amelia McCulloch
Top 16 Quarter-Finalists-
- Miss Greater Greer, Mary Grace Nasim
- Miss Sparkle City, Bry Atchison
- Miss Inman, Ali Bradley
- Miss Greer Middle College, Alyxandria Farka
- Miss Boiling Springs, Rebecca Robinson
- Miss Lander University, Katlyn Gordon