Sarah Klein Is Miss Oklahoma 2016
Sarah Klein was crowned Miss Oklahoma 2016 on June 11, 2016 at the The Mabee Center. Sarah Klein succeeds Georgia Frazier, Miss Oklahoma 2015 and will now represent Oklahoma at Miss America 2017 pageant, which is scheduled to take place on September 11, 2016 at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
During the coronation gala, Queen of the West, Ashten Vincent was titled as the first runner up, Edmond Liberty Fest, Ali Brooks was adjudged as the second runner up, Piedmont, Julianne Thomison was announced as the third runner up and University of Oklahoma, Sarah Harris finished as the fourth runner up.
Completing the Top 11 semi-finalist spots were:
- People’s Choice – Miss McAlester, Camryn Sanders
- Oklahoma City, Veronica Wisniewski
- Edmond LibertyFest, Ali Brooks
- NW Oklahoma City, Molly Patterson
- Oklahoma State Fair, Chandler Hardy
- Queen of the West, Ashten Vincent
- Piedmont, Julianne Thomison
- South OKC, Devin Kerns
- Heartland, Heather Rasmussen
- Tulsa, Sarah Klein
- University of Oklahoma, Sarah Harris
Miss Oklahoma has won the crown on five occasions. Also, in the years when city representatives were common, Norma Smallwood won, competing as Miss Tulsa, giving the state of Oklahoma a total of six crowns. Oklahoma is also one of three states to win the Miss America title back to back for two years.
What do you think about the chances of newly crowned Miss Oklahoma 2016, Sarah Klein at Miss America 2017 pageant?