Pooja Priyanka Crowned Miss World Fiji 2016
Pooja Priyanka was crowned Miss World Fiji 2016 on May 7, 2016 at The Grand Pacific Hotel in Suva. She succeeds Miss World Fiji 2015, Brittany Hazelman. Pooja Priyanka will represent Fiji at Miss World 2016.
During the grand coronation gala, Nanise Raboiliku was adjudged as first runner up and Vika Fifita was titled as second runner up.
This year 10 contestants vied for the title of Miss World Fiji 2016. Gracing the venerable jury panel were-
- Stanley Simpson (Editor, Business Melanesia)
- Apakuki Nalawa (Founder/Lead Guitarist/Lead Vocal, Inside Out)
- Charlene Tafuna’i (Miss World Fiji 2014)
- Peter Espiritu (Artistic Director of the Oceania Dance Theatre)
- Brittany Hazelman (Miss World Fiji 2015)
- Hupfeld Hoerder ( Fashion Designer)
Fiji has never won the Miss World crown till date and holds a mediocre placement record at Miss World pageant. What do you think about Fiji’s chances of placement at Miss World 2016?