An Exclusive Interview with Femina Miss India Kolkata 2016 Second Runner Up, Adya Niraj
Adya Niraj is the beaming hope of all Indian fans for the title of Miss World India 2016. The very humble, effervescent and dainty diva came into spotlight when she won the second runner up position at Femina Miss India Kolkata 2016. The beauty is very confident about her perseverance, patience and devotion and believes she will certainly make India proud, if given a chance. In an interview with The Kaleidoscope of Pageantry, Adya unfolds many of her innate ideas and emotions as she embarks on the voyage of Femina Miss India 2016.
- Hello Adya, congratulations for winning the runner up position in the nail biting pageant of Miss Kolkata 2016. How are you enjoying your victory?
Thank you so much! It is an amazing feeling. I love it. The experience of the pageant has been great. And the victory is all the better. But with great victories comes great expectations. People expect a lot from me and so do I. And I have to live up to the expectations. So I am enjoying my victory by doing a lot of hard work and dedication.
- You are an early favorite for the crown of Miss India 2016, as people have already started comparing you to Megan Young. Do you feel any pressure?
In a way yes. Because people are already expecting a lot from me. But I am happy for this additional pressure. Because it motivates me to work all the more hard and to prove myself. And that’s what a person needs to win- lots of motivation and determination.
- What were the factors which made you the stand as the second runner up of Femina Miss India Kolkata 2016?
There are many factors which contributed to me achieving this. It is the result of all the sweat and effort put up by my family, friends and well wishers. Honestly, I couldn’t have done this alone. My family has constantly supported me and encouraged me to believe in myself. They have trained me to maintain my cool in adverse circumstances and to take everything with a smile. Also, the constant support and appreciation from all my fans has always encouraged me to do better and work harder. My family, friends and mentors have molded me into what I am today. And for this I will be forever thankful to them.
- What challenges did you faced while competing for the pageant? Was competing in pageants as difficult or as easy as you thought?
The pageant was full of challenges. The bar was set really high and I had to live up to the standard. We had to be in our best at all times whether it be in ramp walk, dance sessions or the overall behavior. Actually it turned out to be as difficult as I thought. All the girls were amazingly talented. The zeal to win the pageant was evident in all the participants and it made the competition really tough. And all the contestants put their best foot forward. But along with that it was a lot of fun. It was really great participating in the pageant, meeting all the lovely ladies, and the amazing Miss India team. I learnt a lot from them.
- Please share your emotions during the finale night with us. Were you anxious, nervous, happy to go lucky or pretty confident about yourself during the coronation night?
I was very excited and very nervous at the same time. It is pretty normal actually. You can’t expect anything else from the finale day. After all, that’s the day all of us were waiting for, filled with anticipation for the results. And with such a strong batch of girls, the grand finale became all the more interesting. But, I loved every second of it. The makeup and the gowns made us look like gorgeous princesses- shining like a star, making my parents beam with pride.
- Which incident in your life made your drive to join pageants stronger? Who made you realize that you can establish a forte at pageants?
There is no such particular incident. It’s just that I have always idolized beauty queens. I have always been dazzled by their effortless elegance and beauty and I have wanted to become like them. I crave for the crown on my head. This drove me to join pageants. My parents have incorporated this thing inside me that there is nothing which I can’t achieve. With the right amount of dedication and hard work everything is possible. They instilled the courage inside me to try out my luck in pageants.
- What are your endeavors regarding the forthcoming Femina Miss India World 2016? How are you preparing for the final round of auditions?
I know the competition is going to be really tough. So I am gearing up myself accordingly. I am working on so many sub contests like national costume, BWAP, talent round, etc. Also, I am focusing on work outs and polishing my walk. It is a lot of hard work but at the same time it is a lot of fun. For the audition I plan to give a tough time to all my competitors. I plan to put in all my effort and hard work and be the best of myself.
- What will be your Beauty with a Purpose project? Have you already started working over it?
My BWAP is going to be a surprise. I won’t reveal that now. Yes, I have started working on it.
- If you go on to win this pageant, how would you represent India at an international platform?
It is my dream to represent my country on an international platform. That’s my sole aim behind joining the pageant. So I am not going to leave any stone unturned in my effort to make India win. And my dedication will be my biggest strength.
- What qualities should a Miss India possess in order to shine in an international platform in your opinion?
I think a true beauty queen is one who is a queen in her thoughts, actions and behavior. I think the best quality a Miss India can possess is humility. Because that’s the best way to win hearts. And that’s what one requires to win the crown and to shine.
- One sentence you would like to say for your fans at The Kaleidoscope of Pageantry.
‘It’s not fate, it’s us!’
That was an interesting conversation, Adya! Thank you for this interview and I wish you all the very best for Femina Miss India 2016. Give your best and keep shining the way you do!